Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas With The Cartoonists –


🎄Carl Giles🎄


[Rick Marschall] I was American editor for the London Express Feature Service early in my career, and developed my taste for British news, Rupert, Cummings, and... Giles. And then I discovered what eventually amounted to 40+ annual collections of his great work. Those panoramas. Crazy details. Maniacal Granny. Those devilish children. The sexy girls. I got to know him a bit before I ever traveled to England, but even before that I landed on his Christmas-card list. He and Joan signed and often wrote warm messages in the colorful and hilarious cards. I always considered Carl Giles (many fans never knew his first name!) one of the 10 or 12 greatest cartoonists. I still consider the late Carl Giles in that light.






🎄

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree. A truly great cartoonist. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete